Our next interview day for all other post leaving certificate courses will be Wednesday 13 April
Apply online and we will be in touch with a time. We aim to interview all applicants. In order to ensure applicants receive an interview, we advise to apply early. We will only have a limited number of places in many courses.
You should view the interview as an opportunity to ask questions about the course to ensure that you are making the right choice.
What do I need to bring to my interview?
- A reference
- A passport photograph
- Leaving Certificate results if available
- Mock Results if Leaving Cert results not available
- What will I be asked at my interview?
You may be asked some general questions at the interview:
- Why have you chosen this course?
- Why have you chosen this college?
- What subjects would you expect to study on the course?
- Why do you think this area of study suits you best?
- What are/were your favourite subjects at school?
- Is there any area in your chosen course in which you would like to specialise?
- What are your stengths?
- Did you ever hold a position of responsibility?
- Tell us what your hobbies or interests are?
- Have you any work experience?
- What appeals to you about this course?
- How would you rate your attendance at school?
Rathmines College is welcoming more and more mature students each year and they are a significant proportion of our student population. We, in Rathmines College, believe in life long learning for all students, and very often the more mature students is getting a "second chance" at starting a new career.
The College welcomes applicantions from qualified international applicants. International (non EU) learners must comply with Irish immegration requirements and must present either a student visa or a letter of permission to remain in Ireland, issued by the Immigration section of the Department of Justice. Non EU learners in certain circumstances may be required to pay a Fee for their course. For further details please contact the college.