Here are some practical tips for applying to Rathmines College
- Many courses fill-up before LC results are issued in August
- The college accepts applications from January.
- Open Day in January
- Spring interview dates
- Provisional Place offers can be made
- Opportunity for detailed information on course / modules / progression opportunities.
Prepare for interview:
- Research study area
- Know own strengths / interests
- Bring support documentation when available
- Prepare questions.
Stay in touch:
- Personal approach
- Option to change course preference / level
- Identify any health / personal issues / learning needs that could impact on performance & may need support.
Typical Interview Question areas:
- Reason for choice of course
- Knowledge of subject area
- Favoured subjects in school
- Personal interests
- Longer-term outlook - progression / employment
- Applicant invited to ask questions / add comments in support of application
- Priority purpose of the interview is to ensure the suitability of each candidate and his/her ability to benefit positively from the course.
- All courses have entry / advanced entry links to Universities / IT’s