- QQI Level 5 Award 5M0529
- One year full time
This Level 5 Computer Programming course gives students an excellent grounding in computer programming C++ and Java. Students develop practical skills and can progress to our QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Software Development. This level 6 course has an advanced second year entry link with Dublin Institute of Technology, Institute of Technology Blanchardstown, NCI, IT Tallaght and Griffith College. The Certificate in Computer Programming course also enables students to apply through the CAO directly to third level. This course has a high success rate in terms of students securing places in DIT, ITT, NCI, ITB, Maynooth University, UCD and IADT.
- Course Requirements
- Leaving Certificate standard of education, Mathematics at ordinary level is desirable.
- Mature Applicants welcome.
- All applicants whose first language is not English will be tested at entry.
- All applicants will be interviewed.
- Work Experience
There is a two week work placement element as part of the course.
- Course Modules
- Fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming (5N0541)
- Software Architecture (5N2772)
- Maths for Information Technology (5N18396)
- Communications (5N0690)
- Work Experience (5N1356)
- Data Base Methods (5N0783)
- Web Authoring (5N1910)
- Programming and Design Principles (5N2927)
- Games Analysis Design (5N1651)
- Educational Progression
QQI Level 5 Award holders progress to our QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Software Development. This Level 6 course has advanced entry links with DIT, IT Blanchardstown, NCI, IT Tallaght and Griffith College. Level 5 students may apply successfully through the CAO to third level colleges. The course has a high success rate in terms of students securing places on courses in DIT, ITT, ITB, Maynooth University, UCD and IADT.
Computer Programming QQI Level 5 Award 5M0536
- Career Opportunties
The ICT sector is booming at the moment. As a result there is a shortage of Computer Science graduates in Ireland. This course serves as an excellent springboard to a qualification and a career in the IT sector.