- QQI Level 5 Award 5M0536
- One year full time
This Level 5 Computer Programming course gives students an excellent grounding in computer networking and programming. Students develop practical skills and can progress to our QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Computer Systems and Networks. The Certificate in Computer Programming course also enables students to apply through the CAO directly to third level.
- Course Requirements
- Leaving Certificate standard of education.
- Mature Applicants welcome.
- All applicants whose first language is not English will be tested at entry.
- All applicants will be interviewed.
- Course Modules
- Computer Systems Hardware (5N0548)
- Networking Essentials (5N2929)
- Operating Systems (5N2928)
- Maths for Information Technology (5N18396)
- Communications (5N0690)
- Work Experience (5N1356)
- Programming and Design Principles (5N2927)
- Mobile Technologies (5N2927)
QQI Level 5 Award 5M0536
- Education Progression
QQI Level 5 Award holders may progress to our QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Computer Systems and Networks. We are developing links for this Level 6 course for advanced entry links to Dublin Institute of Technology, Institute of Technology Blanchardstown and Griffith College. Level 5 students may apply through the CAO to third level colleges.
- Career Opportunities
The ICT sector is booming at the moment particularly in the networking field. This course serves as an excellent springboard to a qualification and a career in the IT sector.
- Work Experience
Work experience is an essential part of all our programmes. The College assists students in finding suitable work placements and monitors and assesses their performance in the work place.