- Applicants should have completed Leaving Certificate course or equivalent
- Mathematics at ordinary level is desirable
- Mature Applicants welcome
- All applicants whose first language is not English will be tested at entry
- Use of a computer / laptop and Wi-Fi is desirable
- Marketing Practice
- Digital Marketing
- Applied Economics
- Behavioural Studies
- Spreadsheet Methods OR Public Relations
- Word Processing
- Entrepreneurial Studies
- Work Experience / Personal and Professional Development
- Maths (Optional)
- European Language (Optional)
Students who complete the one-year QQI Level 5 Certificate in Marketing course can progress through the CAO system to Higher Education courses in Trinity College Dublin, UCD, DCU, Maynooth University, TU Dublin, National College of Ireland and IADT.
Another progression route is the Rathmines College QQI Level 6 one-year Advanced Certificate in Business. Our Level 6 graduates are eligible for advanced entry to 2nd year of popular business degree courses in both TU Dublin and NCI, including the Bachelor of Business in Marketing Practice in NCI.
Work experience is an essential part of all our programmes. The College assists students in finding suitable work placements and monitors and assesses their performance in the work place.
The module Personal and Professional Development may be taught instead of Work Experience.
Graduates of the QQI Level 5 Certificate in Marketing have the skills and confidence to work in a wide range of professional roles. Recent graduates are now working in marketing, digital marketing, sales and marketing and PR for national and multinational organisations.