- Applicants should have Leaving Certificate standard or equivalent
- Mathematics at ordinary level is desirable
- Mature Applicants welcome
- All applicants whose first language is not English will be tested at entry
- Use of computer / laptop and Wi-Fi is desirable
- Retail Selling
- Customer Service
- Retail Administration
- Retail Display
- Digital Marketing
- Work Experience / Personal and Professional Development
- Maths (Optional)
- European Language (Optional)
Students who complete the one-year QQI Level 5 Retail and Merchandising course have the opporyunity to progress through the CAO system to many Higher Education courses in particular Retail and Service Management in TU Dublin (TU925).
On successful completion of this course students have the opportunity to progress within Rathmines College to QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Business, QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Business – Legal and the Rathmines College Professional Accounting courses where they may choose from a range of ACCA and ATI accredited courses.
Work experience is an essential part of all our programmes. The College assists students in finding suitable work placements and monitors and assesses their performance in the work place.
The module Personal and Professional Development may be taught instead of Work Experience.
Students who successfully complete this course are equipped to seek employment in a range of retail outlets – shops and online.