- Leaving Certificate
- One year full time
This one year Repeat Leaving Certificate course offers students a wide variety of subject choices and the opportunity to achieve their full potential. The Repeat Leaving Certificate assists students in achieving access to further and higher education.
€300 - this does not include Leaving Certificate Entry Fee payable to the State Examinations Commission in the Spring
€173 - Medical Card Fee for Repeat Leaving Certificate applicants
Repeat Leaving Certificate Testimonial
- Course Requirements
Students must have covered the Leaving Certificate programme over two years and sat the Leaving Certificate. Students whose first language is not English will be tested at entry.
Interviews and Enrolments
All students are interviewed prior to acceptance on the courses. Students are expected to have clear objectives for repeating the Leaving Certificate.
- Applications may be submitted from January to August
- Interviews commence in mid August
- Students must present a copy of their LC results
- One signed passport sized photograph is required
A testimonial from a happy repeat Leaving Certificate student
"just wanted to thank you so much for the wonderful work that you all did with my daughter. Delighted to say that this morning her Leaving Cert Geography result appeal was upgraded, which means that she will now receive her first choice offer of Primary School Teaching!!! We are all over the moon, it was the whole aim of the repeat year. She had an amazing experience at Rathmines from start to finish. The tutors were all so helpful and encouraging and really wanted her to achieve. She would highly recommend it. Thanks again to you and all your wonderful staff."
- Course Modules
- Features of the Repeat Leaving Certificate in Rathmines College
- Extensive subject choice menu with all subjects at Higher Level
- Dedicated ordinary Level classes avaiable in Maths, English, Irish and French
- Tutorial system to ensure monitoring of attendance and progress
- On going assessment and reporting
- Trial LC held in the second term
- Supervised Library with Internet facility available
- Supervised Study Hub
- Unique Aspects of our Successful Programme
- Small Class sizes
- Experienced and dedicated teachers
- Excellent student support structure
- Information Meetings for Parents
- Special Maths Support
- Learning Skills support
- Personal attention and commitment to enable students achieve personal goals
- There is a mature learning environment in Rathmines College
- Text books available in classrooms & Student book loan system
- Career Guidance
The college offers a full Guidance Counselling service to all repeat leaving certificate students. Referrals may be made by students themselves in any of the areas of education, careers, personal counseling.
CAO & Study Skills Seminars are also offered throughout the year. Applicants for RACE, HEAR, DARE & SUSI are advised to meet with one of the Guidance Counsellors early in the year.
At interview each student has the facility to avail of the Guidance service to discuss & review subject choices & future planning.
- Education Progression
Further and Higher Education