- Applicants should have completed Leaving Certificate course or equivalent
- Mature Applicants welcome
- All applicants whose first language is not English will be tested at entry
- Use of a computer / laptop and Wi-Fi desirable
- Information and Administration
- Bookkeeping Manual & Computerised
- Accounting Manual & Computerised
- Payroll Manual & Computerised
- Text Production
- Customer Service
- Work Experience
- Word Processing
- Maths (Optional)
- European Language (Optional)
Students may progress within Rathmines College to our QQI Level 6 Advanced course in Administration/Business or ACCA and ATI Professional Accountancy courses.
QQI Level 5 Certificate holders may also apply to a wide variety of Higher Education colleges through CAO.
Work Experience is an essential part of all our programmes and gives students the opportunity to apply the knowledge and skills acquired on the course in a Payroll setting.
This course will teach students the fundamental skills of working in an Accounts Department. It will be underpinned by very practical applications to include accounting, payroll as well as customer service. Students will be given training in essential skills to include spreadsheets, word processing and communications to allow graduates to progress their careers in either payroll, accounting or bookkeeping. Bookkeepers, Payroll Administrators, Credit Controllers are among the job titles required by employers contacting Rathmines College and are included in the National Skills Bulletin as well as DEASP and IrishJobs.ie.