- Applicants should have Leaving Leaving Certificate standard or equivalent
- Mature Applicants welcome
- All applicants whose first language is not English will be tested at entry
- Use of computer / laptop and Wi-Fi is desirable
- Medical Terminology
- Text Production
- Information & Administration
- Word Processing
- Audio Transcription
- Business Administration
- Work Experience / Personal and Professional Development
- Spreadsheet Methods
- Maths (Optional)
- European Language (Optional)
Students may progress within Rathmines College to our QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Administration.
QQI Level 5 Certificate holders may also apply to a wide variety of Higher Education colleges through CAO.
Work Experience is an essential part of all our programmes. The College encourages students in finding suitable work placements and monitors and assesses their performance in the work place. Students will spend at least two weeks in a medical/health service environment in order to gain practical first-hand experience.
Students who successfully complete this course seek employment at administration level in a range of business environments including a medical/health service environment.