- Applicants should have Leaving Leaving Certificate standard or equivalent
- Mature Applicants welcome
- All applicants whose first language is not English will be tested at entry
- Use of computer / laptop and Wi-Fi is desirable
- Medical Terminology
- Text Production
- Information & Administration
- Word Processing
- Audio Transcription
- Work Experience
- Spreadsheet Methods
- Maths (Optional)
- European Language (Optional)
Students may progress within Rathmines College to our QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Administration.
QQI Level 5 Certificate holders may also apply to a wide variety of Higher Education colleges through CAO.
Work Experience is an essential part of all our programmes. Hospital placement available. Students will spend at least two weeks in a medical/health service environment in order to gain practical first-hand experience.
Students who successfully complete this course secure employment at administration level in a range of administrative environments many of our graduates are currently working in a medical/health service environment.
According to the National Skills Bulletin, there are 186,200 employed across administrative sectors, so this is a course that offers fantastic employment opportunities.