- Applicants should have Leaving Certificate standard or equivalent, such as Industry experience
- Mature Applicants welcome
- All applicants whose first language is not English will be tested at entry
- Use of computer / laptop and Wi-Fi is desirable
- Medical Terminology
- Text Production
- Information & Administration
- Word Processing
- Audio Transcription
- Work Experience
- Spreadsheet Methods
- Database Methods
- European Language (Optional)
- Maths (Optional)
Students may progress within Rathmines College to our QQI Level 6 Advanced Administration Course.
QQI Level 5 Certificate holders may also apply to a wide variety of Higher Education colleges through CAO.
Work Experience is an essential part of all our programmes. Hospital placement available. Students will spend at least two weeks in a medical/health service environment in order to gain practical first-hand experience.
Students who successfully complete this course secure employment at administration level in a range of administrative environments many of our graduates are currently working in a medical/health service environment. Recent graduates have secured roles in St. James Hospital, Crumlin Hospital, Mater Hospital and St. Vincents Hospital.
According to the National Skills Bulletin, there are 186,200 employed across administrative sectors, so this is a course that offers fantastic employment opportunities.