- Applied Maths
- Home Economics
- Classical Studies
- Religious Education
Features for the Repeat Leaving Certificate
- Extensive subject choice menu with all subjects offered at Higher Level
- Dedicated Ordinary Level classes available in Maths, English, Irish and French
- Tutorial system to ensure monitoring of attendance and progress
- Ongoing assessment and reporting
- Small class sizes
- Trial Leaving Certificate exams held in the second term
- Supervised Study Hub with internet access
- Dedicated teachers with vast experience in teaching a one-year Leaving Cert course
- Field trips in Art, Biology and Geography
- Study Skills workshops
- Guidance and Counselling Service
- Special Maths Support
- Learning Skills support
- A mature learning environment in Rathmines College
- Text books available in classrooms & Student Book Loan Scheme
Repeat Leaving Certificate Student Supports
The college offers a full Guidance Counselling service to all Repeat Leaving Certificate students. Referrals may be made by students themselves in any of the areas of education, careers, personal counselling. CAO & Study Skills Seminars are also offered throughout the year. Applicants for RACE, HEAR, DARE & SUSI are advised to meet with one of the Guidance Counsellors early in the year. Information meetings for parents are also held during the academic year.
Rathmines College offers personal attention and commitment to enable students achieve personal goals. At interview each student has the facility to avail of the guidance service to discuss and review subject choices and future planning.
We have a fun learning experience using Kahoot for business and we enjoyed putting presentations together for history and quizzes for history of art. The teachers were just lovely and the students are now good friends. Rathmines College was an amazing experience.
The teachers are very patient and give great notes and tips and make you feel at ease and were always there for any advice and guidance. During our classes, the teachers used a range of learning methods and this really enhanced the learning experience.
DES Fee (medical card Exemption)