- Applicants should have completed Leaving Certificate course or equivalent
- Mathematics at ordinary level is desirable
- Mature Applicants welcome
- All applicants whose first language is not English will be tested at entry
- Use of a computer / laptop and Wi-Fi is desirable
- Airline Studies
- Accounting – Manual & Computerised
- Applied Economics
- Tourism Principles and Practice
- Work Experience / Personal and Professional Development
- Team Working
- Maths (Optional)
- European Language (Optional)
On successful completion of the Aviation Finance QQI Level 5 course students have the opportunity to progress through the CAO to Higher Education at Level 7 and 8 and also within Rathmines College to: QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Business and QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Business – Legal.
Popular CAO progression routes include DCU degree course in Aviation Management/Aviation Management with Pilot Studies and Aviation Management with Air Traffic Controller Studies.
Work experience is an essential part of all our programmes. The College assists students in finding suitable work placements and monitors and assesses their performance in the work place.
The module Personal and Professional Development may be taught instead of Work Experience.
Students who successfully complete this course are equipped to seek employment in a range of leasing, administration and accountancy environments. Ireland is a recognised leading hub in the aircraft leasing sector.
Most of the world’s aircraft leasing companies have a significant presence in Ireland. The aircraft leasing sector in Ireland has 3,000 aircraft under management, one third of the world’s total large transport aircraft fleet. This sector is experiencing strong growth at the present time and are recruiting.