- ACCA - The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- The examinations of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants are offered in two parts as outlined in Course Modules below. Rathmines College offers courses in preparation for these examinations on a modular basis, usually over two years.
To prepare students for work in the world of Accountancy and Finance and business in general.
- Course Requirements
Three honours in Higher level subjects and a pass in English and Maths.
Successful completion of ATI Examinations. Exemptions in certain subjects may be offered depending on grade achieved.
Successful completion of Certified Accounting Technician (CAT) Examinations will grant exemptions from Part 1.
All applicants whose first language is not English will be tested at entry.
All applicants will be interviewed.
- Course Modules
Part 1 - Diploma in Accounting and Business:
- F1 Accountant in Business
- F2 Financial Accounting
- F3 Management Accounting
Part 2 - Advanced Diploma in Accounting & Business:
- F4 Corporate and Business Law
- F5 Performance Management
- F6 Taxation
- F7 Financial Reporting
- F8 Audit and Assurance
- F9 Financial Management
ACCA - The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- Education Progression
On completion of Parts 1 and 2 it is possible to achieve another Degree
- Career Opportunities
This course equips a Certified Accountant with the skills and knowledge necessary to work in any Accountancy or Financial position.
The ACCA qualification enjoys full international recognition which qualifies its members to work anywhere in the world.
On the completion of the two parts it is possible, with an additional project, to achieve a BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting from Oxford Brooks University, the world's largest undergraduate degree programme in accounting.