The minimum eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Leaving Certificate students and applicants under 23
Leaving Certificate students should have at least 300 CAO points and at least an O5 grade in English and Maths or Accountancy.
- If you are sitting your Leaving Cert, you can apply for the programme with your mock results, but any final offer will be subject to your Leaving Cert results.
- If you undertook a PLC course after your Leaving Cert, you are considered a Previous Qualification Holder, and should provide details on your application form.
- The levels listed below refer to the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) in the Republic of Ireland.
- Mature learners (23 and above) with previous qualifications. Mature learners are eligible to apply. Previous qualification holders should provide details of their qualifications during the application process.
- Applicants with no previous qualifications.
Where an applicant has no (formal) qualification, eligibility will be determined through a series of questions. Generally this will be done during the ATI telephone interview but it can be done in person where appropriate.
- Enhanced Eligibility Criteria.
All applicants should bear in mind that individual employers have the discretion to enhance the entrance criteria beyond the minimum academic standards.