- Applicants should have Leaving Certificate English or equivalent
- Mature Applicants welcome
- All applicants whose first language is not English will be tested at entry
- Use of a computer / laptop and Wi-Fi is desirable
- Media Analysis
- Web Authoring
- Digital Marketing
- Word Processing
- Radio Programme Production
- Work Experience / Personal and Professional Development
- Maths (Optional)
- European Language (Optional)
QQI Level 5 Award holders are eligible to progress onto Rathmines College’s Level 6 Advanced Certificate in News and Media in the Digital Age or to the Level 6 Adavanced Certificate in Business. They can apply to a wide variety of Higher Education colleges see www.cao.ie and www.qqi.ie. Graduates meeting the specified criteria (Distinctions in 5 nominated modules) may apply for progress to DCU, TU Dublin and IADT Degree Programmes in Communications and Journalism.
Work experience is an essential part of all our programmes. The College assists students in finding suitable work placements and monitors and assesses their performance in the work place.
Media graduates have also gained employment in all areas of the creative media industry including news reporters, feature writers, radio presenters, radio producers, news editors, content creators, podcast producers, sports journalists, radio presenters, public relations practitioners, newspaper editors, advertising copywriters and other exciting media careers.