- Applicants should have Leaving Certificate standard or equivalent
- Mature Applicants welcome
- All applicants whose first language is not English will be tested at entry.
- Use of a computer / laptop and Wi-Fi is desirable
- Media Analysis
- Writing Skills for Journalism
- Research Skills for Journalism
- Technical Skills for Journalism
- Work Experience / Personal and Professional Development
- Radio Programme Production
- Public Relations
- Maths (Optional)
- European Language (Optional)
QQI Level 5 Award holders are eligible to progress onto Rathmines College’s Level 6 Advanced Certificate in News and Media in the Digital Age or apply to a wide variety of courses in Higher Education Univsersities and Institudes of Technology including: TU Dublin (Journalism, Film and Broadcasting), Maynooth (Arts, Media Studies), and DCU (Arts/Media Studies, Communications, Journalism).
Work experience is an essential part of all our programmes. The College assists students in finding suitable work placements and monitors and assesses their performance in the work place.
Media graduates have also gained employment in all areas of the creative media industry as news reporters, feature writers, radio presenters, radio producers, news editors, content creators, podcast producers, sports journalists, radio presenters, public relations practitioners, newspaper editors, advertising copywriters and other exciting media careers.