- Applicants should have Leaving Certificate standard or equivalent
- Mathematics at ordinary level is desirable
- Mature Applicants welcome
- All applicants whose first language is not English will be tested at entry
- Use of a computer / laptop and Wi-Fi is desirable
- Accounting Manual and Computerised
- Business Law
- Work Experience / Personal and Professional Development
- Applied Economics
- Team Working
- Business Administration
- Maths (Optional)
- European Language (Optional)
Learners studying this Business QQI Level 5 Award 5M2102 will study all subjects that are covered in the first year of the Apprenticeship Accounting Technician Ireland. This will allow the learners the best opportunity to succeed when accepted onto the programme.
If a learner through participation in the programme realises that they wish to go in a different direction the options to do a QQI Level 6 in Rathmines College or apply through the CAO to go to Higher Education are still available.
Students will complete a 12-week work placement in a relevant workplace. Learners will participate effectively in work experience, will work independently while under general direction, meet deadlines, observe good timekeeping, presentation, communication, adherence to health, safety and other relevant regulations. They will demonstrate personal, interpersonal and technological communication skills.
The module Personal and Professional Development may be taught instead of Work Experience.
Students who successfully complete this course are equipped to seek employment in a range of business, administration and accountancy environments.