- Applicants should have Leaving Certificate standard or equivalent
- Mathematics at ordinary level is desirable
- Mature Applicants welcome
- All applicants whose first language is not English will be tested at entry
- Use of computer / laptop and Wi-Fi is desirable
- Insurance & Banking
- Financial Services
- Accounting Manual & Computerised
- Applied Economics
- Business Administration
- Word Processing
- Work Experience / Personal and Professional Development
- Maths (Optional)
- European Language (Optional)
On successful completion of a QQI Level 5 course students have the opportunity to progress within Rathmines College to:
- QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Business 6M4985
Students can also progress to Higher Education and options include:
- DCU: Accounting and Finance (Level 8, 3 Years)
- Maynooth University: Business (Level 8, 3-4 Years)
- TU Dublin – City Campus: Business and Management (Level 8, 4 Years)
- TU Dublin – Blanchardstown: Business (Level 8, 4 Years)
- National College of Ireland: Business (Level 8, 3 Years)
Work experience is an essential part of all our programmes. The College assists students in finding suitable work placements and monitors and assesses their performance in the work place.
The module Personal and Professional Development may be taught instead of Work Experience.
Students who successfully complete this course are equipped to seek employment in a range of companies in the Insurance and Business sector both in Ireland and abroad.
I completed the Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Business and this course gave me the foundation to progress on to NCI to do a BA in Business. As a mature student, it can be daunting to go back into education, but Rathmines college equipped me with the tools to further my education confidently and successfully.
QQI Exam Fee