- Applicants should have Leaving Certificate standard or equivalent
- Mathematics at ordinary level is desirable
- Mature Applicants welcome
- All applicants whose first language is not English will be tested at entry.
- Use of a computer / laptop and Wi-Fi is desirable
- Fundamentals of Object Orientating Programming
- Networking Essentials
- Game Analysis and Design
- Software Architecture
- Maths for Information Technology
- Work Experience / Personal and Professional Development
- Database Methods
- Maths (Optional)
- European Language (Optional)
Learners can progress to one of the FIT (Fastrack to Information Technology) ICT Apprenticeships. Learners who complete the course may also access a QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Software Development in Rathmines College or through the CAO to Higher Education.
The Work Experience module will prepare students to go out to the workplace.
The ICT sector is booming at the moment. As a result there is a shortage of Computer Science graduates in Ireland. This course serves as an excellent springboard to a qualification and a career in the IT sector.