- Applicants should have Leaving Certificate standard of equivalent
- Mature Applicants welcome.
- All applicants whose first language is not English will be tested at entry.
- Use of a computer / laptop and Wi-Fi is desirable
- Criminal Law
- Business Law
- Business Administration
- Applied Economics
- Legal Practice and Procedures
- Work Experience / Personal and Professional Development
- Word Processing
- Maths (optional)
- European Language (optional)
On successful completion of a QQI Level 5 course students have the opportunity to progress within Rathmines College to:
- QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Business – 6M4985.
- QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Business – Legal 6M4985.
QQI Level 5 award holders may apply to a wide variety of Higher Education colleges through the CAO system including:
- Bachelor of Civil Law (BCL) (DN600)
- Bachelor of Business and Law (BBL) UCD (DN610)
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) TCD (TR004)
- BCL (Law and Society) (BCL) DCU (DC232)
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) TU Dublin (TU918)
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) NUI Maynooth (MH501)
- BCL (Law and Criminology) (NUI Maynooth) (MH502)
- BA (Hons) in Criminology UCC (CK113)
See the CAO website and the websites of the relevant higher education institutions for more information. Please note that some higher education courses have specific results and subjects requirements.
Work experience is an essential part of all our programmes. The College assists students in finding suitable work placements and monitors and assesses their performance in the work place.
Assessment: This couse has a mixture of continuous practical assessments and written examinations.
Graduates of the QQI Level 5 Certificate in Legal Studies with Criminology have the skills and confidence to work in a wide range of professional roles. Recent graduates are now working in law, banking and finance for national and multinational organisations.