- Students applying for this course should have passed the Leaving Certificate in five subjects including English.
- Mature Applicants welcome.
- All applicants whose first language is not English will be tested at entry.
- Business Law
- Legal Practice and Procedures
- Criminal Law
- Applied Economics
- Business Administration Skills
- Word Processing
- Work Experience
- Maths (Optional)
- European Language (Optional)
On successful completion of a QQI Level 5 course students have the opportunity to progress within Rathmines College to:
- QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Business – 6M4985.
- QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Business – Legal 6M4985.
- QQI Level 5 award holders may apply to a wide variety of Higher Education colleges through the CAO system including:
- Bachelor of Civil Law (BCL) (DN600)
- Bachelor of Business and Law (BBL) UCD (DN610)
- BSC (Hons.) Criminology with Psychology UCD (DN620)
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) TCD (TR004)
- BCL (Law and Society) (BCL) DCU (DC232)
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) TU Dublin (TU918)
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) NUI Maynooth (MH501)
- BCL (Law and Arts (MH502)
- BCL (Law and Criminology) (NUI Maynooth) (MH502)
- BA (Hons) in Criminology UCC (CK113)
See the CAO website and the websites of the relevant higher education institutions for more information. Please note that some higher education courses have specific results and subjects requirements.
Work experience is an essential part of all our programmes. The College assists students in finding suitable work placements and monitors and assesses their performance in the work place.
Graduates of the QQI Level 5 Certificate in Business and IT have the skills and confidence to work in a wide range of professional roles. Recent graduates are now working in banking and finance, sales and marketing and HRM for national and multinational organisations.