- Students applying for this course should have passed the Leaving Certificate in five subjects including English.
- Mature Applicants welcome.
- All applicants whose first language is not English will be tested at entry.
- In the case of remote/blended learning use of a laptop and wifi connection is desirable.
- Research & Study Skills
- Work Experience
- English Literature
- Cultural Social History
- Literary Visual & Performing Arts
- The Internet
- Creative Writing
- Personal and Professional Development
QQI Level 5 Award holders are eligible to apply to a wide variety of Higher Education colleges Many of DCU, UCD and NUI programmes have an entry route for QQI Level 5 applicants. For programmes with a QQI entry route, approximately 10% of places are retained for QQI applicants. Applicants presenting a minimum of five distinctions in a specified QQI Level 5 award, with specified modules if required, may be eligible to compete for a place. Applicants are ranked based on their performance and must apply through the CAO.
Further information on our programmes using QQI entry route can be found here.
Work experience is an essential part of all our programmes. The College assists students in finding suitable work placements and monitors and assesses their performance in the work place.
A qualification in Arts and Social Science leads to a diverse range of career opportunities spanning from research, teaching, administration, careers in Government departments and organisations in both Ireland and abroad.