- Applicants should have Leaving Certificate standard or equivalent
- Mature Applicants welcome
- All applicants whose first language is not English will be tested at entry
- Use of a computer / laptop and Wi-Fi is desirable
- Tourism Information and Administration
- Tourism Principles and Practice
- Work Experience / Personal and Professional Development
- Word Processing
- Irish Cultural and Heritage Resources
- Entrepreneurial Skills
- Maths (Optional)
- European Language (Optional)
Students who complete the one-year QQI Level 5 Tourism with Business course progress through the CAO system to Higher Education courses in Trinity College Dublin, UCD, DCU, Maynooth University, TU Dublin, National College of Ireland and IADT.
On successful completion of this course students have the opportunity to progress within Rathmines College to QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Business, QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Business – Legal and the Rathmines College Professional Accounting courses where they may choose from a range of ACCA and ATI accredited courses.
Work experience is an essential part of all our programmes. The College assists students in finding suitable work placements and monitors and assesses their performance in the work place.
The module Personal and Professional Development may be taught instead of Work Experience.
Students who successfully complete this course are equipped to seek employment in a range of hospitality, tourism and business sectors in Ireland and abroad.