- Applicants should have Leaving Certificate standard or equivalent
- Mathematics at ordinary level is desirable
- Mature Applicants welcome
- All applicants whose first language is not English will be tested at entry
- Use of a computer / laptop and Wi-Fi desireable
- Fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming
- Software Architecture
- Maths for Information Technology
- Work Experience / Personal and Professional Development
- Database Methods
- Networking Essentials
- Games Analysis Design
- Spreadsheets Methods
- Maths (Optional)
- European Language (Optional)
QQI Level 5 Award holders progress to our QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Software Development. This Level 6 course has advanced entry links with TU Dublin, NCI and Griffith College. Level 5 students may apply successfully through the CAO to third level colleges. The course has a high success rate in terms of students securing places on courses in TU Dublin, Maynooth University, UCD and IADT.
Work experience is an essential part of all our programmes. The College assists students in finding suitable work placements and monitors and assesses their performance in the work place.
The ICT sector is booming at the moment. As a result there is a shortage of Computer Science graduates in Ireland. This course serves as an excellent springboard to a qualification and a career in the IT sector.