- Applicants should have Leaving Certificate or equivalent.
- Mathematics at ordinary level is desirable.
- Mature Applicants welcome.
- All applicants whose first language is not English will be tested at entry.
- All applicants will be interviewed.
- Use of computer / laptop and Wi-Fi is desirable
- Fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming
- Software Architecture
- Maths for Information Technology
- Work Experience / Personal and Professional Development
- Database Methods
- Networking Essentials
- Games Analysis Design
- European Language (Optional)
- QQI Level 5 Award holders progress to our QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Software Development.
- This Level 6 course has advanced entry links with TU Dublin Grangegorman, TU Dublin Blanchardstown and TU Dublin Tallaght, NCI and Griffith College.
- Level 5 students may apply successfully through the CAO to third level colleges. The course has a high success rate in terms of students securing places on courses in TU Dublin, Maynooth University, UCD and IADT.
The ICT sector is booming. As a result, there is a shortage of Computer Science graduates in Ireland.
This course serves as an excellent springboard to a qualification and a career in the IT sector.
Certificate in Computer Programming (2017- 2018) now studying Computer Science at UCD. “After my Leaving Cert in 2017, I decided to study Computer Programming at Rathmines College. I settled into the course quickly and enjoyed the modules being taught. The lecturers did a great job throughout the year to make sure every student was able to reach their potential. Thanks to Rathmines College I received a CAO offer to do Computer Science in UCD. My time in Rathmines was short, it was a great year and would recommend the college to anybody looking to do a PLC course.
QQI Exam Fees