- Applicants should have Leaving Certificate or equivalent
- Mature Applicants welcome.
- All applicants whose first language is not English will be tested at entry
- All applicants will be interviewed.
- Fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming (5N0541)
- ICT Security Policy and Management 5N0583
- Networking Essentials 5N2929
- Software Architecture (5N2772)
- Operating Systems (5N2928)
- Maths for Information Technology (5N18396)
- Work Experience 5N1356
- Language (Optional)
Students who complete this one year level 5 QQI course can apply through the CAO for a wide range of courses including a Level 8 Computer Science course that specialises in Cyber Security or progress to a Level 6 within the college. Students can also progress to general Computer Science qualification if they decide to do so. These progression opportunity are in place with IT Blanchardstown, DIT and NCI.
Students who achieve the required results in their level 6 award will have the opportunity to apply for advanced entry to a number of Higher Education colleges including DIT, NCI and ITB. See the CAO website and the websites of the relevant higher education institutions for more information. Please note that some higher education courses have specific results and subjects requirements.
Work experience is an essential part of all our programmes. The College assists students in finding suitable work placements and monitors and assesses their performance in the work place.