- QQI Level 5 5M3789
- One year full time
“Pre University law is the ideal preparation for those who would like to study a law degree at university”
- About the Course
Pre-University law enables students to study Business and Criminal Law which cover some of the fundamental legal concepts in the core modules of all undergraduate law degrees.
Students are provided with the skills and knowledge to advance to higher education to study for an undergraduate degree in Law, Business and Law, Commerce or Law and Criminology.
Students in this course will also gain an understanding of civil and criminal procedure.
Legal Practice and Procedures
Business Administration Skills
- Course Requirements
Students applying for this course should have passed the Leaving Certificate in five subjects including English.
Mature Applicants welcome.
All applicants whose first language is not English will be tested at entry.
In the case of remote/blended learning use of a laptop and wifi connection is desirable.
- Education Progression
On successful completion of a QQI Level 5 course students have the opportunity to progress within Rathmines College to:
- QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Business - 6M4985.
- QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Business - Legal 6M4985.
QQI Level 5 award holders may apply to a wide variety of Higher Education colleges through the CAO system including:
- Bachelor of Civil Law (BCL) (DN600)
- Bachelor of Business and Law (BBL) UCD (DN610)
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) TCD (TR004)
- BCL (Law and Society) (BCL) DCU (DC232)
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) TU Dublin (TU918)
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) NUI Maynooth (MH501)
- BCL (Law and Criminology) (NUI Maynooth) (MH502)
- BA (Hons) in Criminology UCC (CK113)
See the CAO website and the websites of the relevant higher education institutions for more information. Please note that some higher education courses have specific results and subjects requirements.
This couse has a mixture of continuous practical assessments and written examinations.
- Course Charges
€460 or €210 (with an in date medical card).
VTOS learners do not pay course fees.
A deposit of €100 secures a place with the balance to be paid before the course commences.