- Applicants should have Leaving Certificate standard of education
- Mathematics at ordinary level is desirable
- Mature Applicants welcome
- All applicants whose first language is not English will be tested at entry
- Use of computer / laptop and Wi-Fi desirable
- Applied Economics
- Business Administration
- Environmental Studies
- Accounting – manual and computerised
- Word Processing
- Personal & Professional Development
- Maths (Optional)
- European Language (Optional)
The QQI 5M2102 Award, which includes the Environmental Studies with Business Certificate, has extensive links to higher education courses at levels 6, 7 and 8. The opportunities include degree courses in business, law, humanities as well as degrees in sustainability (DN240- BSc in Sustainability in UCD).
On successful completion of the Environmental Studies with Business course students also have the opportunity to progress within Rathmines College to study on the QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Business which leads to Advanced Entry (2nd Year) to a number of Higher Education colleges including TU Dublin and NCI.
Businesses are now realising the importance of climate and environmental change to their business. The course will give learners the opportunity to develop business skills and understand economic models that can complement our evolving understanding of how climate change will impact our lives.
Students who successfully complete this course are equipped to seek employment in a wide range of businesses particularly in the areas of Marketing, Economics and Entrepreneurship.