- QQI Level 5 5M2102
- One year full time
The course aims to develop accountancy, business and taxation skills and prepares students for direct employment in the business, accounting and taxation sectors.
- Course Requirements
- Applicants should have Leaving Certificate or equivalent.
- Mature Applicants welcome.
- All applicants whose first language is not English will be tested at entry.
- All applicants will be interviewed.
- Course Modules
- Accounting Manual and Computerised
- Financial Services
- Payroll Manual and Computerised
- Applied Economics
- Word Processing
- Statistics (Optional)
- Work Experience
- Work Experience
Work Experience is an essential part of all our programmes and gives students the opportunity to apply the knowledge and skills acquired on the course.
QQI Level 5 Award Business Studies (5M2102)
- Career Opportunities
Students who successfully complete this course are equipped to seek employment in a range of Business, Accountancy and Taxation environments.
- Further Education Links
On successful completion of a QQI Level 5 course students have the opportunity to progress within Rathmines College to:
- QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Business 6M4985;
- QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Business – Legal 6M4985;
- Our Professional Accounting Department where they may choose from a range of ACCA and ATI Professional Accounting courses.
Students who achieve the required results in their level 6 award will have the opportunity to apply for advanced entry to a number of Higher Education colleges including DIT, NCI, ITB and ITT. QQI Level 5 award holders may also apply to a wide variety of Higher Education colleges through the CAO system. Click here to see current links from our QQI business awards to Higher Education courses in the Dublin area. See the CAO website and the websites of the relevant higher education institutions for more information. Please note that some higher education courses have specific results and subjects requirements.