- QQI Level 5 5M3114
- One year full time
This course aims to provide opportunities for school leavers to gain access to Arts, Social Science & Humanities degree programmes at Universities and I.T.'s. It will provide a second chance for many school leavers who aspire to Third Level. This course is confined to school leavers. Similar programmes within CDETB are offered to non-school leavers.
The course provides an introduction to writing skills, research studies and gives a foundation in the academic subjects in preparation for third level.
- Course Requirements
Students applying for this course should have passed the Leaving Certificate in five subjects, to include English.
They must also have achieved at least 1 C3 grade in a Higher Level paper in a cognate area.
- Students must be under 23 years of age on 1st September of the year of course commencement.
- All applicants whose first language is not English will be tested at entry.
- All applicants will be interviewed.
- Course Modules
Students will be offered a programme from the following minor awards:
- Research Skills
- English Literature
- Applied Psychology
- Social Studies
- Work Experience
- Word Processing
Students also choose one of the following three minors:
- Applied Economics
- Media Analysis
FETAC Level 5 5M3114
- Education Progression
QQI Level 5 Award holders are eligible to apply to a wide variety of Higher Education colleges (see www.cao.ie and www.qqi.ie) including UCD, NUI Maynooth and St Patrick's College who have reserved places to Arts and Humanities Degree Programmes.
- UCD DN500 (Arts) 25 reserved QQI places
- NUI Maynooth MH101 (Arts) 25 reserved QQI places
- St Patrick's College Drumcondra PD103 (Arts, Humanities) 5 reserved QQI places
- DCU (Contemporary culture and society) 50 places on course
Practical assessment and written examinations
- Course Charges
Contact the college